Development Environment Setup
EclipseTrader is developed using Eclipse 3.8 (Juno).
- Download and install Eclipse SDK from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.8.1-201209141540/
- The target platform is composed from the following packages:
Unpack all packages to a dedicated directory, for example eclipse-platform-3.8.
For your convenience, we have built the complete target platform package and made it available from the Downloads page.
- From Eclipse, open Window -> Preferences and go to Plug-in Development / Target Platform and add a new target platform definition pointing to the directory location above. Make sure to select the new definition as the default (active) target platform.
- The project uses Subversion as the source code repository, so you need to install an svn Team Provider. We are using Subclipse.
Download and import the source code.
Check-out from command line
Check-out the complete source code tree from the subversion repository:
svn co http://svn.eclipsetrader.org/svnroot/eclipsetrader/trunk eclipsetrader
This command checks-out all projects, including JUnit tests and the Nebula Widgets plugins to a directory named eclipsetrader.
Start Eclipse and point the workspace to the eclipsetrader directory (or wherever you have checked-out the source code). Import all projects using File -> Import -> General / Existing Projects into Workspace (leave the Copy projects into workspace option unchecked).
Check-out with Team Project Set
Setup the Run Configuration
EclipseTrader is not meant to be run as a generic Eclipse plugin, it runs as a standalone RCP (Rich Client Platform) application. The source code includes a sample launch configuration:
- From Eclipse open `Run -> Run Configurations'.
- Expand Eclipse Application tree from the list at the left and select EclipseTrader.
- If the Run button is disabled, switch to the other pages until it becomes active.
- Click Run to run EclipseTrader.